Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Gall of my Haul

BS"D
Now what's she talking about now? You're curiously cogitating.

Wait till I share the serious
damage I did overseas during Sephora's annual VIB (very important beauty insider) event last month. My lovely niece graciously schlepped this chazerai to this side of the Atlantic for me.

One only reaches VIB status yearly after taking out a second mortgage on one's home or selling one's extraneous organs to spend on cosmetics at Sephora (mega-beauty store for those who- gasp- might not be familiar with this European born chain).

Both very reasonable sacrifices to get a whopping $25 off a $100 purchase and get a Barbie-sized lipstick annually. Gets me every time.

I come to share some of the highlights of said haul.

Begin our vicarious makeup binge with Benefit's Rockateur box o' blush. This enticingly packaged gem of a colour is a deep rose gold hue with just the right balance of shimmer and mattneness. Stayed on nicely for about 7 hours before fading around edges. Alive looking. Nuff said.

I refilled on my Dior Extase mascara. Best. Mascara. Ever. I prefer the non-waterproof formula because it doesn't rip out my eyelashes upon cleansing.  It lengthens, darkens, volumizes, separates, curls your lashes and even does your dishes when you're not looking. Okay I haven't confirmed the last bit, but you get the drift.

Urban Decay Primer Potion. My magical pre-Shabbat fairy eyemother. The ONLY eye primer that keeps my eyeshadow and liner going for 24 hours plus. Even though it sounds gross, I have kept it on for longer. Judge me, go ahead. But it still looks fresh. Nanananacouscous. A Moroccan jeer.

Gosh! Where to continue? I refilled my supply of St. Tropez self-tanner
See Faux Glow
http://beautyschmooze.blogspot.co.il/2016/01/my-faux-glow.html?m=1

And my number one liquid foundation currently, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Please pause for a moment of skin-perfecting silence....and I thank you for humouring me. I wear a yellow-undertoned shade, number 4 for reference.

Wait...it gets better. I bought the Sephora PRO Full coverage air brush foundation  brush #53 to apply my liquid magic on a whim (my makeup whims don't take too much prodding) and just when I thought I couldn't like this base more, BAM! Call me the makeup matchmaker.

Laura Mercier baked highlighter. Softest, most natural, prettiest, glowiest, restiest (?!) highlighter for forehead, browbone, upper cheekbones, mid nose, angel's kissy place on upper lip, mid chin and most children's art projects.

Oh, and I mustn't forget the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow primer in chubby pencil form. My new best friend. I create my eyebrow shape using this zaftig baby, and then using my ever-favourite Smashbox eyebrow brush, I brush on my Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow powder in Taupe (a universally flattering shade in the light to medium range).

Hack: I have used a clear lip pencil in lieu of the brow primer and it works well too.

Nars Laguna bronzing powder. My forever go to bronzer. Lovey love love.

I'll stop soon.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar eye-shadow pallette actually contains "antioxidant-rich cocoa powder" and smells like a Hershey's bar. Besides for the divine smell, the neutral to fun colour options have a buttery, smooth, and rich application and pigmentation. Blends like a dream. Stays on maximally especially with the Urban Decay Primer Potion. With decadent names for each shade, it's not hard to see why I'm plotzing for this mouth-watering pallette.

Whew! Over and out. And highly-glammed up and faputzed.
The way I like it.

Sephora.com for products.

3 comments: