Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Faux Glow

Hi Girls. I feel the urge to divulge one product that would certainly be the ONE thing I could not live without (Oy, I'm such a drama queen).

 Ready for it....
Self. Tanner. It's so important I gave each word a capital letter.

You see, I am a professed Woman of Pallour and I just look a whole lot better when my skin has some warmth to it.

I know you're thinking, um, hello has this meshuga beauty-occupied tzatzke not heard of bronzer??

Maidels, please be patient, I'm getting there. I actually use self-tanner AND bronzer. You read correctly.

Three days per week in the summer and two in the winter, I slap this moussey gold on my face at night
and wake up with a faux glow.

Besides for the inherent and well-documented dangers of baking in the Mediterranean equatorial solar rays, my face simply did not get the memo that sun exposure=tanning.

I therefore err on the side of epidermic caution whilst upholding vanity by employing this aesthetic ritual.

I remained loyally steadfast to Mystic Tan OBM which immigrated with me, but, tragically, it was discontinued. (Editor's note: Mystic Tan is available in the US in self-tanning spray booths, but not in DIY packaging as in days of yore).

 This too was for the best, as I discovered the fast-drying non-orange self-tanning goodness that is St. Tropez (www.sephora.com). Love.

Some Golden Rules for Self-tanning:
1) Exfoliate- use a scrub like Neutrogena Daily Scrub, St. Ives, or sandpaper (kibbitzing on the last one) to remove any dead skin cell schmutz.
2) Rub in circles (you can use a special self-tanning mit, but truthfully I never got the hang of it). Do not neglect your hairline, ears, and neck. They are all members of your face. Be an equal-opportunity tanner.
3) Do wash your hands immediately and well after use. Remember your cuticles.
3) Do not get wet for at least 4-8 hours after.
4) Do apply a moisturizer with SPF after it dries as your assisted tan will not provide any sun protection whatsoever.
5) Do apply before Shabbat or when you want extended glow.
6) Do apply makeup over your fake bake including a bronzer for a lit-from-within healthy radiance that your mama would approve of.

Glossary:
Uch I don't have koiach to write one. Just Google it, my friends.





http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/ask-the-experts/self-tanners

No comments:

Post a Comment