Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Natural Schmatural- Let's Talk Foundation

Please sit down, my lady friends.

This might be hard to swallow, but 99.999% of women over 25 years of age do not look better or more "natural" (uch, feh such an overused word) without foundation; just more tired and/or unwell. These findings are based on a double-blind control study that was never conducted and is totally my less-than-humble opinion.  This is not about skin-shaming, but rather to fill an insatiable need of mine to help my fellow females look and feel their best in an area that I am mildly obsessed with.

As far as I'm concerned, "natural" is only a description of a foundation finish, nothing more. I'm sorry, mammalehs.  If it makes you feel better you can use "tinted moisturizer" or the more in vogue, "bb" or "cc" creams.

I'm not heaven-forbid suggesting you wear cakey, horrible spackle, just respect the fact that you don't put windows in your house before you lay the foundation.  This possibly should have been the eleventh commandment of beauty (refer back to my very first post on this blog).

http://beautyschmooze.blogspot.co.il/2015/12/your-kosher-style-international-beauty.html?m=1

I implore you not to accost me at the grocery store with excuses for why you are not wearing some form of facial skin-enhancer, but rather to simply take action and wear thy product of choice.  Keep it in your glove compartment if no time in the morning. I have been known to do this myself.

I tend to mix it up based on my skin's mood and weather. Included in my repertoire are mineral, cream, stick, and liquid foundations as well as tinted moisturizers and bb cream. And then there are those days when I'm asked if I feel tired and/or unwell...when I didn't follow my own stinkin' advice.


I have more to say on this matter so stay tuned.....because I care about your beautiful selves.

Below is a link for Allure Magazine's end-of-year beauty wrap-up for best foundations. It includes both luxury and drugstore brands, to accommodate a range of budgets.


No comments:

Post a Comment